Monday, January 29, 2007


Been a few days, we have had a few things going on. Some of it was a rally Saturday in DC, with my favorite socialists/Marxists taking part. More on that later.
President Bush gave his State of the Union about a week ago.




My favorite part of the speech was this:


This is where matters stand tonight, in the here and now. I have spoken with many of you in person. I respect you and the arguments you've made. We went into this largely united, in our assumptions and in our convictions. And whatever you voted for, you did not vote for failure. Our country is pursuing a new strategy in Iraq, and I ask you to give it a chance to work. And I ask you to support our troops in the field, and those on their way.




Here here. But alas, it appears the dems will indeed vote for failure with their cynical vote against the "surge" the President has asked for. It was General Petraeus, if you will remember, who has asked the President for more troops. Then the dems had the audacity during the General's confirmation hearings to wish him good luck, while at the same time pledging to vote against the troops he wants. Did I tell you how bad I loathe dems?


Then they got their panties in a bunch when General Petraeus essentially told it like it was:



During this morning's Armed Services confirmation hearing, Sen. McCain asked Lt. Gen. Petraeus is if he can implement his new plan in Iraq without more troops?

Petraeus answered: “No sir.”

McCain also asked if it would be helpful to the general for the Senate to pass an anti-surge resolution.


Petraeus responded that it would not be "beneficial.”

Sen. Lieberman asked Petraeus what impact he believed such a Senate resolution would have on our enemies in Iraq.


The general said that we are engaged in a “test of wills” with out enemies and that he’d like “the enemy to feel there’s no hope.”


Lieberman went on to ask Petraeus whether he believes passage of an anti-surge resolution would convey to our enemy a lack of unity here in Washington.


“That’s correct, sir,” said Petraeus.

Lieberman continued:

I fear that a resolution of disapproval will send you over there with us saying you’re a good and great General but we don’t agree with what you believe we need to do in Iraq. And so, I want to appeal to my colleagues and consider with regard to the resolution of disapproval or the caps on troops or the cut off of funds to step back for a moment and give you a chance and the 160,000 American soldiers you will be commanding, a chance, perhaps a last chance, to succeed in Iraq. If, God forbid, you are unable to succeed, then there will be plenty of time for the resolutions of disapproval, or the other alternatives that have been contemplated.
Read about that exchange here:


To add to all this, the commie organizations, United for Peace and Justice, Workers World party, International Answer, Code Pink, etc., all participated in a little America Hating over the weekend with another Che Guevara love fest....at the DC rally, some loser, pathetic excuse for a human actually spit on the ground at a soldier who had lost his lower leg fighting in Ramadi.




They support the troops though!








3 comments:

dchawk said...

Very nice Mr. Calef! Don't be stealing my stories ya bastige!

Anonymous said...

I debated whether to return to your blog after reading your response to my comment. I knew then you were a strong Republican with a one-sided view...your side only. But your latest rant takes the cake. You loathe Democrats..why ? We're not the ones who failed in Iraq. You seem almost blind to the fact the our soldiers are dying everyday. We've accomplished nothing. And before you begin to loathe me, you should know I have a son in Iraq as I type this latest response. The last time we spoke two days ago, he seemed tired and frustrated with the current situation. My heart breaks for him and his fellow troops. Maybe that's why I have more compassion for Cindy Sheehan than you apparently do. Our President lied about the weapons of mass destruction yet you clearly don't care. I can feel your need for more fighting and death with your comments towards me. And for your information sir, I do have a clue as to what's going on...our soldiers are dying everyday thanks to a failed plan in Iraq. At least I care about our men and women in uniform. You only care about them as long as democrats support sending more troops and we admit that the Republican way in the only way.

dchawk said...

Failed plan in Iraq? Hmmmm...me thinks not. Lets see, if we weren't fighting the terrorists there...where would be fighting them...hmmmm...oh I know the good ole' U S A, on our shores, in our buildings, on our streets. If our HEROES in uniform weren't keeping them busy, they'd be here. Get it?

Wether or not Iraq had WMD's is totally and completley irrelevant now. Bush did NOT lie about it....if that's your arguement that means Slick Willie, Ted (aquaman) Kennedy and John (I voted for it before I voted against it)Kerry all lied as well. They all said Iraq had WMD's!! Except they were to chicken shit to do anything about it, they knew he had 'em when Billy boy was gettin' hummers in the Oval office.
Hell, Billy boy was to much of a rat to pull the trigger on Bin Laden when our special forces had him in the crosshairs in the desert.
You know what, WWII was 65 years ago and we're STILL in Germany.

It's a free country, you can think whatever you like, but at least get educated about it. I have had several freinds in Iraq and couisins in the 'Stan....and even play softball with a buddy who took a snipers bullet over there.(he's okay)But ALL of them would go back in a second, I know so, because they told me so. All the good we're doing over there, the Iraqi people were always very receptive as well as the Afghans.
That is all.
DCHAWK.