Earlier I posted how you cannot support the troops and subsequently say you do not support the war. I personally think the left is using that expression as a defense mechanism to not be attacked for NOT supporting the troops. Lorie Byrd explains it quite well in a column from Townhall.com:
We frequently hear even major opponents of the war say they "support the troops." What we rarely ever hear, though, is much about what the troops have done right in Iraq. I would love to hear anyone who disagrees with me on this one list of a dozen U.S. military accomplishments in Iraq that the average American could name. To say that things have not gone as hoped in Iraq is an incredible understatement, but that does not mean there have not been significant accomplishments made in the face of great difficulty.
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/LorieByrd/2007/01/12/replace_pity_with_true_support
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment